I met with the afternoon teacher — I’ll have to think of a good nickname for her — and she’s great. Down-to-earth, sensible, articulate, friendly, mellow, self-confident, interested and interesting. So phew, no more anxiety dreams!
She has lots of teaching experience, but none with preschool, so she had a long list of questions for me. One thing she requested is a to-do list for getting ready for the first day.
I can think of a few things:
- send out school supply letter
- plan ice cream social for the preschoolers at the park (ask principal about dates, so he can be there too)
- buy/write/put up name tags for the cubbies (morning and afternoon!)
- get furniture in the right place
- organize/set up art shelf, which has always been a mess
- organize/set up desk (also, to be shared by two people!)
- put up new bulletin board paper and trim
- put up job charts
- put away all the stuff I bought over the summer, and the stuff I brought home (but never used!)
What things are going on YOUR to-do list?