Our children are away at camp, so last night my husband and I had a Wednesday date for dinner and a movie (“Crazy, Stupid, Love” — highly recommended). At dinner, he said, “Do you have any goals for this coming school year?”
And with that, I was off.
- I want to have a clean desk. Every day. I’m going to have to rethink a lot of things about storage and daily routines, but it would be so great to have a clean desk.
- I want to reduce clutter in the classroom.
- I want to have a class binder that has all my important info in one place, including…
- …my lesson plans, which I still want to figure out how to do on the computer. I want to come up with a sort of spreadsheet/chart that blocks off the hours in the day, where I can write what we will be doing each chunk of time.
- I want to be better at teaching rhyming and alliteration.
- I want to write more repeated interactive readaloud lesson plans.
- I want to make time to do the RIRA discussions every week.
- I want to do water science with the water table. I planned on doing it last year, but didn’t get around to it.
- I want to work on teaching vocabulary, and continue working on creating my own set of vocabulary cards.